The festive season is here, and one of the most awaited events during this time is the vibrant and energetic Garba dance. Garba is a traditional Indian dance form performed during Navratri, a nine-night festival celebrating the victory of good over evil. Whether you are an experienced Garba dancer or attending your first Garba event, it is essential to have the right attire. In this article, we will learn about ten essential Garba outfits for the festive season.
Types of Garba Outfits
A wide range of Garba costumes are available, each showcasing different styles and influences. Let’s take a look at the three main types of Garba costumes:
- Traditional Garba Attire: These costumes generally consist of a choli (blouse) and a dupatta (long scarf) along with a colorful ghagra (pleated skirt). Traditional Garba attire often features intricate embroidery, mirror work and vibrant prints.
- Contemporary Garba Fashion: For those who want to add a modern twist to their Garba look, contemporary Garba fashion offers a variety of options. This style incorporates elements of Western fashion with traditional Indian attire, such as fusion skirts with crop tops or dhoti pants with embellished blouses.
- Designer Garba Ensemble: If you want to look something different, then designer Garba Ensemble is suitable for you. These dresses are created by renowned fashion designers and feature unique designs, luxurious fabrics and intricate embellishments. Designer Garba ensembles are perfect for those who want to stand out on the dance floor.
Garba costumes for men
While Garba is often associated with women’s fashion, there are plenty of options for men too. Here are some ideas of garba attire for men:
- Traditional Kurta and Dhoti: A classic and timeless option for Garba, a kurta paired with a dhoti is comfortable and allows ease of movement.
- Indo-Western Sherwani: For a more sophisticated and stylish look, choose an Indo-Western Sherwani. These costumes blend traditional Indian and Western elements, creating a unique and modern Garba ensemble.
- Nehru Jacket and Kurta: Add a touch of elegance to your Garba look by wearing a Nehru jacket with a kurta. This combination is perfect for those who want a versatile and trendy outfit.
garba dress for women
When it comes to Garba attire, women have a lot of options. Here are some tips to help you choose the right Garba outfit:
- Garba Chaniya Choli: The quintessential Garba attire for women, the Chaniya Choli consists of a flared skirt, a fitted blouse and a dupatta. These dresses come in a variety of colors, prints, and embellishments, allowing you to showcase your personal style.
- Lehenga Choli: Similar to Chaniya Choli, Lehenga Choli is another popular choice for Garba. These dresses often feature intricate embroidery, mirror work and sequins, creating a great look for the dance floor.
- Saree: If you prefer a more traditional look, choose a saree. Choose a light and flowing saree in vibrant colors and wear it with a contrasting blouse. Don’t forget to wear the saree in such a way that it can be moved easily while dancing.
Accessorizing is important to complete your Garba look. Here are some essential items for Garba:
- Oxidized Jewellery: Oxidised jewellery, like necklaces, earrings and bangles, add a touch of ethnic charm to your Garba attire.
- Embellished Shoes: Choose comfortable and embellished shoes like mojaris or juttis to complement your Garba attire.
- Statement Clutch: A vibrant and eye-catching clutch is a must-have accessory to carry your essentials while dancing the night away.
Garba Hair Style
Your hairstyle can enhance your Garba look and add a touch of beauty. Here are some garba hairstyle ideas:
- Braided Updo: The braided updo is a classic and elegant hairstyle that keeps your hair out of your face while you dance.
- Half-Up, Half-Down: For a more casual and bohemian look, try a half-up, half-down hairstyle with loose waves or curls.
- Floral Hair Accessories: Add a festive touch to your hairstyle with floral hair accessories like gajra (flower garland) or decorative hairpins.
Garba Makeup Tips
It is important to complete your Garba look with the right makeup. Here are some Garbha makeup tips to help you shine on the dance floor:
- Vibrant eyes: Emphasize your eyes with bold eyeshadow colors like gold, green or purple. Don’t forget to add a touch of glitter for extra shine.
- Pink Cheeks: Get a fresh and youthful look by applying pink blush on your cheeks.
- Bold Lips: Choose a bold lip color like red, maroon or fuchsia to add charm and enhance your Garba attire.
garba dress inspiration
If you are still unsure about which Garba outfit to choose, here are some popular Garba outfit inspiration ideas:
- Colors of Navratri: Each day of Navratri is associated with a specific color. Choose your Garba outfit based on the color of the day for a festive and coordinated look.
- Mix and Match: Mix and match different pieces of your wardrobe to create a unique Garba outfit. Wear the printed bodice with a solid colored skirt or experiment with unconventional color combinations.
- Celebrity Style: Take inspiration from Bollywood celebrities who are known for their stunning Garba attire. Look at celebrity photos or red carpet appearances for ideas on stylish Garba Dress
Remember, the most important thing while choosing a garba outfit is to feel comfortable and confident. Whether you choose a traditional ensemble or a contemporary fusion look, make sure you enjoy the festivities and dance your heart out during this joyous celebration of Navratri.